SIGN IN
+
PRINT THIS PAGE

Giving to KCS

Giving Opportunities

Like all independent schools, Kingsway College School is funded through two primary sources, tuition and private funds, the latter of which are predominantly donations from parents and alumni, as well as grandparents and friends of KCS. 74% of our tuition is spent on staff salaries and benefits. The remaining 26% is used for education programs, administration and facilities. All other initiatives and enhancements are funded through our fundraising programs with tax-advantaged means to contribute to a better educational experience for our students.

By sending your child to Kingsway College School, you join a close-knit community. We are proud of how the KCS community consistently rises to the occasion of providing the essential philanthropic support for our fundraising programs, which is vital to Kingsway College School’s success.

KCS fundraising programs include:

Annual Giving
Donations from this annual campaign are expended each year to maintain and upgrade teaching/learning resources, facilities and equipment.

Major Gifts 
Funds are created that meet a minimum gift value and allow families to attach their name to KCS in perpetuity. These funds are established for a specific purpose valued by the donor.

Bursary/Endowment 
KCS provides financial assistance to current KCS students whose family may be temporarily impacted by economic conditions. KCS is also building endowment funds to provide future funding for scholarships, bursaries and programs.

Special Events 
The main purpose of these generally large-scale events is to raise significant funds from a large number of people during a specific day or evening. The KCS Gala, run by an energetic and dedicated group of volunteers, is an example of one such event.

Capital Campaigns
These campaigns meet special capital purposes such as a major building initiative or endowment campaign and occur approximately once every five to eight years.

There are many ways to give to KCS including donations of publicly traded securities, through United Way, matching gift programs, credit cards, gifts-in-kind and, of course, cash. In addition, you can donate to the annual fund or a restricted fund by using the secure online giving forms on this website. All donations are tax receipt-eligible for the year in which they are given. You can determine which method may best meet your philanthropic objectives.

For a more full explanation of our fundraising programs and ways to give to KCS, please contact our Director of Advancement, Susie Waldman, at swaldman@kcs.on.ca.