Kingsway College School is a Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8 co-ed independent school, known as 'the little gem in the heart of Etobicoke'.
When you walk through our doors, you immediately feel the tremendous sense of community. Students are cared for, supported and inspired to become leaders in all aspects of their lives. Our caring team of teachers and staff work collaboratively to ensure each student is challenged, mentored and motivated to reach their full potential.
At KCS, we ensure small class sizes, where students learn the HABITS that matter most for success in life through our FOUR DOORS TO LEARNING program in academics, arts, athletics, and citizenship. Throughout all aspects of our students’ education, we instill our 3 school rules: Respect, Manners and Try Your Best.
and feel the difference a KCS education makes.
Despite being fairly new to the school, KCS truly knows our children. The staff members and fellow students greet them by name and with kindness and respect each and every day. Their teachers put tremendous effort into identifying and understanding their strengths as well as areas requiring increased focus. This creates a customized learning environment in which we see our son and daughter flourishing; not only with respect to traditional academics but also in their confidence and other areas of personal growth. KCS is truly an all-inclusive community where students, staff, and parents are warmly welcomed and engaged. We are excited to bear witness to what our children will achieve while being part of this special place.
— KCS Parents, Class of 2022 & Class of 2024
20 things you need to know about KCS:
- Programming based on the strengths and needs of each child
- Small class sizes – never more than 21 students in a class
- Regular, direct contact with teachers
- Before and after school integrated care based on our Four Doors to Learning program
- Specialist teachers in math, science, art, physical education, French, music, drama, and information technology
- A Director of Student Life to support student wellness
- Four dedicated Learning Strategies teachers
- A Citizenship coordinator and formal leadership program
- An Artists in Residence program
- Over 40 clubs and teams run by our teachers each term
- Electives for grade 6, 7, & 8 students
- Computer Coding, 3D printing and Maker activities
- A large, multi-use Science Lab
- An Art Studio
- Two dedicated French rooms
- Two gymnasiums
- Two music rooms
- A 30 foot Living Wall
- An award-winning Outdoor Classroom
- A true community school